We are hiring for one part time position in last week of July. Will start out at approximately 20 – 25 hours per week and may increase in the future.
We are a minimal café serving light snacks and beverages. The space also doubles as an extension site for Cat Adoption Team where we house and care for up to 10 adoptable cats.
This position requires that you be available to work some weekdays and ALL weekends. (This doesn’t mean you will always work weekends, but must have availability.)
We are currently accepting resumes for part time help in the café and lounge. In the café you will greet customers, prepare small plates, pour beer, wine and make tea lattes, manage the cash register, follow opening and closing procedures and help maintain inventory levels.
When working in the lounge, you will be responsible for cat-care duties including feedings, behavior and health monitoring, grooming, litter duty, etc. As a lounge overseer, you will be stationed in the lounge to answer questions and make sure that the cats are being treated properly and that rules are being adhered to. You must be comfortable enforcing rules you see being broken.
Things to know:
- We ask that all applicants hold current food handler cards and alcohol server permits at the time of the interview
- MUST be available some weekdays and all weekends Part-time (approx 20 hours per week) late morning/afternoon or evening shifts.
- Part-time (20 – 25 hours per week) late morning/afternoon or evening shifts
- Pay starts at $12.00 per hour
- Bar/restaurant/server experience is a must. Beer/wine knowledge a plus.
- Cat care/vet/shelter volunteer experience. Knowledge and expertise a plus. You must be comfortable and familiar with handling cats, trimming claws, etc.
- Must be gracious and be kind to the clientele (we like to leave the cattitude to the cats)
- Must be able to answer questions about cat care and adoption procedures
- Possess ability to respectfully deal with visibly intoxicated persons
- Be able to handle cash and receipts
If all this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you! Thanks cat freaks!
To apply, email your resume as an attached Word doc and write a brief cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good fit in your email body (if no cover letter is included you will not be considered) to firstname.lastname@example.org.