If you come to visit Purringtons and you meet a cat (or two) that you’d like to adopt, there are some steps to be taken to ensure a good fit. Our employees will go through counselor training by Cat Adoption Team and will help you get to know your prospective new feline friend, answer questions, and provide information about cat behavior and care.
In order to adopt a cat, per CAT’s guidelines, you must:
- Complete adoption application and contract
- Meet with an adoption counselor
- Landlord approval requested for renters; please check your lease or renter’s policies prior to beginning the process
- Indoor-only homes
- Must be 18 years or older and provide proof of residence
- Purringtons reserves the right to refuse an adoption